Saturday, October 1, 2011

Any suggestions for Christian music to be played during a wedding ceremony?

I am agnostic. Next year I am marrying a man who is Christian and comes from a very Christian family. This situation has been discussed openly with both my fiance and his family, and their attitude is one of acceptance of my viewpoint, even though I know they would like me to one day convert to Christianity. Anyway, I am completely unfamiliar with Christian music, but as a nod to my fiance's family, I would like some non-secular music to be playing during the wedding ceremony. Can anyone help me out with suggestions? The rest of the ceremony will be interspersed with secular classical music.|||you could use the music from different hymns, the music is recognizable, but you wouldn't need to use the words if you are looking for a strictly musical aspect.|||Are you looking for music with singing? For our ceremony we are going to have classical music for everything except for one song (my cousin wanted to sing a song during our ceremony - we haven't decided which one) and we are having our ceremony in a church.





How about Ode to Joy, or Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, or even Ave Maria for music without singing? Ave Maria can be sung too and it is so pretty! If you want singing, you can go to this website for inspiration: http://christianmusic.about.com/od/speci鈥?/a>





Good luck with your wedding!|||"When God made you" By Newsong is a great song for a wedding.


Lyrics Contain:


It's always been a mystery to me,


How two hearts can come together,


And love can last forever.


But now that I have found you I believe


That a miracle has come when God sends the perfect one.


So gone are all my questions about why,


And i've never been so sure of anything in my life


Oh I wonder what God was thinking, when He created you.


I wonder if He knew everything I would need,


Because He made all my dreams come true.


When God made you, He must have been thinking about me|||Ask the pastor who is doing the ceremony for suggestions. My Christian Pastor will only allow certain songs during the service. "Aunt Sally" can't sing at our service either. Only people that are part of the church body can because those people are representing the church as a whole. Be sure to find out from the person in charge (pastor/priest) what you can/can't do.|||some of my favorite that may be appropriate and not tooo churchy -





Ave Maria


All I Ask of You - Weston Priory


Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring 鈥?Bach


One Bread, One Body - Foley


On Eagles Wings - Joncas


Ode to Joy - Beethoven


City of God - Schutte (This one is a bit more upbeat and churchy, but I remember I loved singing it when I was younger. :-) )|||These are contemporary songs or hymns sang by modern artists; some of them I had in my own wedding:


The Love of God - MercyMe


Your Love is Extravagant - Casting Crowns


My Desire - Jeremy Camp


Give Me Jesus - Jeremy Camp


Wonderful, Merciful Savior - Selah


How Great Thou Art - Carrie Underwood


When I Survey the Wondrous Cross - Selah|||I have a disc of christian love songs called "Love songs for the two of us" that I don't need. I would be willing to send it to you for free.|||Are you going to go with more contemporary music? A lot of country music artists have very positive and Christian friendly lyrics.|||Cinderella by steven curtis chapman is one of my all time favorite songs and it is sad because of the story behind it. its good for weddings|||baby got back? Really it's about god wanting you to accept everyone for who they are. lol. jk


Google "Google "Christian wedding songs"


Remember that there are a lot of pop songs that have Christianity incorporated into it. Amy Grant had a couple hits, "God Bless The Broke Road" by Rascal Flatts is a really nice song


Of course this is more reception I'm talking about.


For the ceremony, i'd avoid too much music anyways. 1 song to walk down the aisle and 1 song to walk back up it.(if you even want the 2nd one).


Don't over do the music.


And honestly, it's YOUR day, NOT theirs. I doubt they'd even know the difference between secular and non-secural classical music. Unless you really study the history of music, you don't know the difference. Could you tell me if Mozart wrote Christian music? probably not. lol.


Don't worry about pleasing other people too much. It'll really stress you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment