Saturday, October 1, 2011

Why do many Christians only allow their kids to listen to Christian music?

I know parents who won't allow their 16 and 17 year old kids listen to anything that's not Christian music and this is something I've just never understood. The only logical explanation I can come up with is that the parents are trying to drill the Christian thing into their head in as many ways as possible so that the kids will be so brainwashed and unable to think for themselves that they'd never possibly question their faith.|||They think any deviation from their particular version of Christian fundamentalism will lead them and/or their children to an eternity in hell.|||Their parents know that the lyrics are about something appropriate and are good for them in the long run.


Other songs, like 3 by Britney Spears have very vulgar messages and aren't something I would want my children to listen to.


It's not only the music but the videos, would you rather have them watching a music video of people basically pole dancing or of one which communicates everlasting love from God?|||So you don't see the logic. of course not. How can you see for being blind.





Try getting this: You take your kids to church to learn about the Holy God, and then at home let your kids listen to sex drugs and satan. HMMMM





Yes I'm sure of it you are not only a looser but you would cause your children to eat your rotten bread of discretion and send them through the fire of your immoral incompetence, te te te te te





Its really amusing to hear someone speak as if they undestand when they don't know their head from a hole in the ground and then says it doesn't make sense te te te te|||Maybe because of the fact that most music other than Christian music has vulgar and suggestive lyrics.I let my kids listen to all kinds of music,but if the songs have foul language or sexual lyrics it is turned off! Also if the band is obviously immoral I do not allow their music in my home.We all have the right to raise our children as we see fit.GOD-bless|||until a child is 18 they should obey their parents





I'm sure many of them listen to other music in school on their ipods, on the ratio outside the home, on the internet, at shops, at cafe, at internet caf茅 etc.





No parent can control their teenager 24/7 but all parents have the RIGHT to say what they will allow under the roof they pay for; and personally I'd throw my child's radio out the window before I'd allow it to listen to "I nailed my woe b*t c h, wazz happening bro" or whatever rock/rap misogynous vulgarity is fashionable today...|||The vast majority of them don't do that.








When I was young, my parents let me listen to whatever I wanted. Would you care to guess who got me into Heavy Metal? My mom. She's the won who first introduced me to Black Sabbath which led me into things like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC and all sorts of "devil music" like that.|||Because they are closed minded and superstitious and believe that rock and roll was created by Satan, and unrealistic garbage like that.





I grew up Roman Catholic and I listened to Madonna's Like-a-Virgin when I was very young and my parents were totally cool with it.





So I'd say whoever these people are, they are closed minded extremists.|||The magic word there is PARENT !!!! Their kids, their choice on HOW to raise them... It does NO harm.... You don't get out much do you ?? :You know very little about the WHY behind it all much less about a Christian and their faith... Keep digging though, at least you are getting to know a LITTLE about it just by asking questions in here... go in peace... God bless|||Because any other music except instrumental music is sin. Even TV is full of sin. Fantasy is sin and acting is sin. It is called lying. If you let yourself be too corrupted you WILL get corrupted and live out the sinful words you hear in your own life and you go to hell, that's why.|||Because many don't want them listening to lyrics filled with sex, money, drugs and glorifying these other things. Who are you anyways to tell someone or worry about what kind of music they should listen to anyways.|||Because they are trying to keep a good influence on there children though at age 16 that is a little over kill by that age they should be able to make good decisions on their own.|||Because the Bible says to guard your heart with all diligence for in it are the issues of life. If you listen to corrupt and negative music, you set yourself up for doom|||I remember that there were two twin girls i was friends with in high school, their parents were extremly fundie, and on some level, I really felt sorry for them both. I think both deconverted, but not their brother.|||Just teach their kids how to torrent.





Music is something that is universal and shouldn't be taken away from anyone.|||They think that if their child listens to anything else, they'll start worshipping satan or question the Christian belief.|||Maybe it's because all these rappers and rock stars sell their souls to the devil in exchange for fame and money.|||Brainwashing? Can it be called brainwashing for me to constantly remind my Grand Daughter that she has to look both ways before crossing the street?|||All things for the glorifying and edification of JESUS.


Does "Whose bed have your boots been under" give a message of JESUS?|||Because people are crazy|||they're horrible people.|||cause Petra, Carman, and News Boys Rock!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment