Saturday, October 1, 2011

Is non christian allowed to marry a protestant in a protestant church?

I'm a non Christian but my girlfriend is a devotional Protestant. We're both approved by each other's parents. But she want to get married in a Protestant church in Brausweig. I respect people who have beliefs. But I almost got no knowledge of Protestant. What shall I be noticed if I wanna marry my girlfriend? Can I just go to a Protestant church without being a Christian? I'm currently in New Zealand and my girlfriend is in Germany.|||It depends on the church, but by far the most common way is that at least one of the partners must be Christian. Most churches will allow anybody who was baptized to count as "Christian," even if it was in a different denomination or even if they were baptized Catholic. The basic requirement is usually about believing in a Christian god or in Christ (or, at any rate, having been a part of that community even if you don't believe) - not about the necessary details of denomination. Similarly, the idea is that all such Christians should be married in a church, regardless of who their partners are... so you should not cause any hubbub or trouble if your girlfriend is already a Protestant.|||No, you shouldn't marry because only chaos will be birthed from it..."Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?" 2 Corinthians 6:14 She should know better.|||You can marry her. if the church wouldn't mind as long as you respect the religion. common teaching in religions is love one another. if they decline your marriage, they are violating the fruitful meaning of love.|||Most churches have various degrees of counseling required for such a marriage, but generally as long as you are respectful, I wouldn't worry about it. They'll count on converting you after you are married.|||%26gt;Try the Presbyterian Church - they are open minded Protestants.|||As far as I know, Protestant churches do not have a rule on this issue.|||It might depend on the church, but I highly doubt they'll care.|||Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment