Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Christian?

Hey Christians, read 1 Corinthians 13:1-7. How does that apply to how you answer people on yahoo?





Side note: are you this kind of person (Romans 2:24 %26amp; context)?|||Nice. Charity is indeed the ultimate goal, though I must admit, I don't always acheive it as much as I'd like too.





I appreciate the reminder.|||Why are you ashamed to post the actual scripture??





1 Corinthians 13:1-7 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.





2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.





3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.





4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,





5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;





6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;





7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.





Romans 2:22-24 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?





23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?





24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.





That second scripture you referred to is speaking of those who quote the bible to those who sin, they themselves commit the very sin they are speaking against. Place the full scripture out there and not just part of it to twist your incorrect point, and trying to use the bible to help you twist it.





I am here to say to you, that you speak of the word of God which you clearly know nothing about.l|||1 Cor. doesn't apply to how I answer people on yahoo. I give answers based off my own experiences. If I can't relate to the question, I don't answer it. As for Romans 2: 24, everyone at some point in their life has blasphemed God. Even the casual "God ****" uttered when you stub your toe. That's why we are all sinners. We are not perfect.|||Recon - Are you a Christian? If not, maybe you need to seek God's love more and not look at the speck in another's eye when you have a plank in your own.





Recon - Perhaps many of us as believers are just so sick and tired of being bashed on Yahoo Answers. Seeing as how you are only at Level 1 then I assume you are rather new at this Yahoo! Answers thing.. Stick around long enough and you'll soon know what I mean.|||To be honest, I don't understand why people are mad at you for citing these verses. It's a very real problem and most definitely applies to Yahoo Answers.





For me, I can honestly say that 1 Cor 13:1-7 (and other, similarly themed passages) does affect the way I answer people here. On this forum, one frequently encounters people who are very ignorant, prejudiced, or antagonistic. It's always a big temptation to bite back, tell them that they're a stupid jerk who ought to shut up, or something like that. If I do that, though, then what does that say about me? In my other answers, I counsel love, and I preach that as the way to God. What am I then, but a clashing cymbol if I do not love others - even those who hate me? All my pretty words mean nothing unless I put my thoughts into actions. Therefore, I do not bite back and I do not insult or criticize the questioner, but reply with evenness and sincerity.





No, I do not believe I am. It is true that I am not perfect, and sometimes in life I say, think, or do things that are not very Christ-like of me, but I firmly believe that we should 'show we are Christians by our love.' I try hard to do this, and for the most part I think I succeed. At any rate, no one has ever called me intolerant or hypocritical, and I do not think I am a disgrace to my religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment