Friday, September 16, 2011

Does christian children fund try to convert the children and their families?

I have been thinking of sponsering a child for a while. I am wondering if Christian Children's fund tries to covert. If so, what other sponsership programs are there that DO NOt try to convert, and are trustworthy and safe to donate through?|||I have been a sponsor with CCF for 20 years and they DO NOT try and convert. Those who said that they do simply do not know what they are talking about. I would not give CCF money if they were evangelizing.





CCF was originally formed by Christian missionaries in 1938 and that is where the name originates. However, they are now a private nonsectarian organization.





Christian Children's Fund provides help to children regardless of race, religion, or gender. They respect the cultural heritage, personal pride and dignity of the families that they assist.





Another great organization that allows you to sponsors kids is Save the Children, which works both in the U.S. and internationally -


http://www.savethechildren.org/|||They do share the Gospel with them, but even if they reject it, they still provide for their physical needs (as it should be).|||I doubt they try to convert. Either way, isnt it good that they at least get help from a decent place that has good values?|||Compassion. Every time I go to a Christian Concert, Compassion supports them, and the band or singer believes and supports the cause.


Such cute children.|||You mean you won't sponsor a child under this organization because it believes in spreading the Word of God? All it's doing is teaching the children and their communities of the glorious story of Jesus Christ. What's wrong with that? Besides, is the story harmful? The children and their communities need your help. What harm is any story in the Word of God? Really?|||Yes.





The truth is that fund raising/charities etc etc are not as decent looking as they are.





They take advantage of the fact that the people they are helping are helpless and vulnerable.





Take the tsunami in Aceh for example, the life package that was provided came with bibles and they can't reject it. If they do then the whole package willnot be given to them.





This caused huge outrage among the people and made even bigger problems.





I can't name any trustworthy programs ... thats how bad it is.|||I included a good link for some information on CCF under "sources" below. But, personally, I feel there are SO many children suffering in our own backyard that I'd rather help them then take a chance on organizations I can't see operate in countries that funding could honestly end up anywhere. I'd recommend getting involved in Big Brothers/Big Sisters or donating to your local Children's Hospital or Ronald McDonald House. But that's just me! Good luck!|||Most sponsorship organizations are of some religious affiliation or another. That being the case, there will be some amount of trying to push their point of view on whoever they are helping. Full on conversion attempts? Possibly. Maybe more like showing the merit of their religion by their "good deeds" to those they are helping. It opens a dialog at least. As long as they get some food in their starving bellies, does it really matter?|||I asked my mom this when I was little and her answer was, "Hungry people don't listen." I'll never forget it.





Anyway, yes they do.|||Christian Childrens Fund simply shares the love of Christ to a needy generation of people who might be ignored by others. ( especially those Governments that the child lives under )|||Sponsorship program located at Sparks Street in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (and its memeber agencies) does NOT make ANYONE sing for their supper.They are the onlyonesI know for sure that do not try to indoctrinate (great on you for checking- gives me faith in others' motives!)





My understanding is the others are Missionary type of things,which by definition do try to convince those whom are dependant on them to eat and live and go to skool that their "leader"and "word" are the bomb.





Most ppl would do anything if it meant food for their children - i dunno why that counts as a conversion to a specfic faith!?!?(some like LDS, in my understanding,keep track of how many ppl they convert!)





just my 0.02$





WW|||Yes they do Unfortunatly|||I don't know about Christian Children's Fund, but I do know about World Vision. They're also a Christian organization but they do NOT try to convert and in fact help people in need, regardless of what their faith is. I've seen a few of there projects overseas for myself, have volunteered overseas with them, and have sponsored a child through them for many years.|||yes they do.. nobody does any favors without expectation of returns|||I THINK THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO BUILD THEIR OWN COUNTRY BY NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment