Friday, September 23, 2011

Christians, How did you become a Christian and at what age?

How old were you when you realized you wanted to be a Christian %26amp; at what age?|||I was baptized into the Church at about age 3 months. It could have been earlier, but we were waiting for my godmother to come down from Wash. state.|||I became a Christian before I knew what a Christian was. I became an atheist as soon as I learned the definition.|||Baptism doesn't save you (to the person above me).


I gave my life to Jesus Christ 10 years ago at the age of 30.





God called me to Himself at that time. We don't chose Him....He chooses us|||God changed me at the age of 32. I was baptized at 33.|||I believed Jesus could, would, and did save me from my sins. I remember where... but I don't remember what age exactly. Five or Six years old.|||Christianity has a high turnover rate|||I became a Christian when I was baptized at a few days old.





Then the theological virtues of faith, hope, and charity were infused into my soul.





I was taken to Church before I can remember.





I was about six years old when I could consciously understand my baptismal faith for the first time.











---|||Can there be a more foolish question than this?|||That's the thing about religion... You are what you're parents believe by default, very rarely do you get a choice because most people just go with the flow.|||I became a Christian when I was like 13. Baptized about a year later.





I became an atheist when I was in my mid 20s after I got done reading the whole bible.|||I don't claim any man-made religions, and my family isn't religious. But I've never doubted that there was a Creator, I don't know why.|||About ten years old I think. I wanted to be a missionary. I found that Jesus was the most fascinating, wonderful interesting person I know. I say person over Deity because of studying his young life thruout his adult Crucifixion.|||While I had been reading the Bible since I was five, I didn't really become a Christian until age 22. I was baptised at age 23.





Before that time, I never understood the significance of this Jesus fellow.|||I became a Christian at age 11 or 8 (forgot which!) and was baptized soon after, and rededicated myself at 32, and was re-baptized the next week.|||conception.|||I had been close to Christianity in my house since i was born but until i put down alcohol at 35 years of age and accepted JESUS CHRIST into my heart, have never Truly been a CHRISTIAN.


One must be born of the SPIRIT as well as the flesh to become a true CHRISTIAN.|||53... because when I needed God He was there for me............ one does not just decide to become a Christian..... Only God may decree who is of The True Church(The True Christian Faith).... one must come to God in The Way He prescribes





I was not looking for God on the morning of my Salvation... in fact minutes before I was cursing Him|||I was taken to church sparingly during my youth. At about 14, I questioned and couldn't find the answers to those questions. I turned from the ideals of christianity and the idea of it as well. After 6 years of doubting and seeking naturalistic answers to my questions, I was called to the faith. This time, it is a self established faith based on personal evidence and personal convictions, not childhood issuance of such. I guess that would have made me around 20 when I came to realize that God is who He says He is, and that Jesus Christ is my Lord and My Savior.|||For me, and nearly 1.2 billion Catholic Christians out there... It was at least a twofold process, but realistically a gradual process as we mature in the faith.





Ask yourself THIS.. How did you become a Student or a Citizen?





1) At birth, based on your parent's decisions, you were raised a certain way.





2) At a later date, perhaps during your teenage years, perhaps in your 20s or 30s, when you decided for yourself, when you no longer merely went alone with what your parents told you to, but made the decision on your own.








Likewise, as a Catholic - I was baptized into the faith as an infant, by a decision of my parents, just as the Jewish people were circumcized at birth and raised in their faith.





Then, at around 14, when I was confirmed and I chose for myself. When I more fully understood and decided this is what I believed and what I would be for the rest of my life.





But beyond that.. in a lesser way, I CHOOSE to become Christian, each and everyday of my life.


Through my thoughts and my words, in what I do, and what I fail to do.





I was Christian, I am Christian, and I hope to be Christian.|||I was 30. Just recently.I asked the lord to forgive me for my sins and asked him to come into my heart and save me.I believe in him and the living word of god.I knew about god for awhile just started living for him.|||as a kid, i was curious, but i never cared deeply about it .





the elder women in the family would give us other kids the children - bibles . the ones with the pictures in it . And still, i didn't think about it all that much . from the stories that i heard in church and when told to me in bed, it would make me think that God was big mean person . LOL .





I used to mimick what I saw in church and played around .





then, at 15 years old, i was tired of pretending .





so i accepted Christ, and did my best to start a real christian walk .





and then three years later, i got baptized .





two years later, i see a MASSIVE difference !





everything about life is SO much better . but it is a heavy work out, faith - wise .





i wouldn't exchange it for anything !





i love it !|||I was raised a Christian and at age 6 accepted Jesus as my Savior. I renounced my religious upbringing and became an atheist at 15. Satanist at 17, Wiccan at 18. Back to plain old atheist at 20.





From the ages of 15-25 I could not find peace and true happiness. I always felt that something was missing. I kept searching for the truth and came up empty. I didn't have like an "AHA!" moment. I didn't turn back to Christianity all at once, but it was a series of little things until after my daughter was born, and then one day I just cried out to God to forgive me, that I was miserable without Him and I recognized my need for Him in my life.





Now looking back I think God was with me the whole time, He kept me out of a lot of trouble I could have gotten into; grieved with me when I wept; and He never stopped loving me.|||I was baptized when I was about 13.





"That's the thing about religion... You are what you're parents believe by default, very rarely do you get a choice because most people just go with the flow."


Where did all the atheists and agnostics come from (not to mention all the people who switch religions) if people didn't have a choice? I think some people make this argument because they want to think all religious people only believe what they do because they're just following their parents, while THEY came by their beliefs through reasoning.|||when I was born|||I was baptized into Roman Catholicism when I was extremely young. My parents sent me to church every sunday. I hated it with every fiber of my being. As if that was not enough, I had to go to sunday school every week. Eventually I complained so much they stopped making me go to church, but i still was sent to sunday school. It was around 7th grade that I seriously started considering MY views of God, Heaven, Hell, Death etc. I decided I wanted to be a Catholic. So I chose to be confirmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment