Friday, September 23, 2011

How is christian counseling degree and traditional counseling degree different?

I believe strongly in Jesus and I believe reading the Bible can heal people, but also I think Christian counselors should have a good background in psychology.


I told this women at my church I wanted a social work degree and she said I should get a Christian counseling degree. I'm not too sure about that. I believe I use both together, but I don't need a Christian counseling degree to do it.|||Look maybe I'm sinning by saying this but I'll take that chance. I think you can integrate whatever you learn from psychology with the teachings of the Bible. Many psychologists are anti-christ because they deny Jesus but I still believe Jesus left a piece of him in their hearts.





Carl Rogers believed in client-centered therapy and taught that therapists should spend more time listening than talking. Too many psychologist dominate the therapy sessions without ever really listening to their clients.





The Bible says we should carefully consider what we say which to me means don't talk to much and it teaches us to empathize with others.





Romans 12:15


Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn





Matthew 9:35鈥?6


The Workers Are Few





35 Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. 36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.








2 Corinthians 1:3-4


Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.|||Amen Sister! Go where god leads you!

Report Abuse


|||Christian counseling degree is based on Christ. You whole theory of counseling is through the Higher Power. While traditional counseling is scientific, and it is based on research and not on Higher Power

No comments:

Post a Comment